Sunday, November 17, 2013

Baby Stuff - Car Seat Cover & Stroller Cup Holder

Before my son was born, I had 6 weeks of "nothing" going on, so I was quite crafty.  I was addicted to Pinterest and saw so many things I could make that would help me once the baby arrived.  One of the things I thought would be very helpful was a carseat cover similar to this one:

For mine, I used a monkey pattern and a solid brown cover.  

It was pretty easy to make and fit well on our car seat.  However, I didn't use it much because I had a summer baby and the weather was so warm.  By the time winter rolled around, LBH really liked to see the world so we didn't use many covers.  I kept it in the car for events where I didn't have a blanket.

I also found this cute stroller cup holder and thought it would work well with our Jeep Stroller.

I ordered some laminated cotton from Etsy and chose another monkey pattern because I love Monkeys and I wanted to keep baby things gender neutral since we didn't find out LBH's gender and plan on having another child.  The hardest part of making this was the sewing the circle then adding the "tab" portion.  I ended up sewing the tab on at a slight angle and it is slighly eschewed.  The holder works well for water bottles and some drink to-go cups.  If I choose to make another one, I will make it slightly larger because I rarely used it for baby things.

Here's my version:
(Note, it needs to be repaired as one of the snaps as come loose!)

No comments:

Post a Comment